With my daughter’s second birthday, I found a good Reason to Craft. I checked out in the internet the price of the balloon stands to make some balloon columns, but the price was high and didn’t look to good to be outside. So, I decided to ask my husband how we could do them. He came out with this idea, so we decided to go to Home Depot and buy the materials needed. In total it was less than $50 to make 2 6ft columns. The result was better than expected and it was so easy to make. The best part, they are going to last for years! Well, here is the step by step.
- 2 pieces of plywood 2’x 2′ x 1/2″ thick
- 2 side mount run-off drain tube the one that come like in the picture 3/4″
- 2 floor flange 3/4″
- 8 screws 1/4″ long
Steps by step:
- Cut the wood at 18″ by 18″ and smooth it with sand paper.
- With the ruler and pencil make a horizontal line at 9″ and a vertical line at 9″. At the point that both touches is the center.
- Put the floor flange in the center and secure with the screws.
- Now you just have to attach the tube and it’s ready to put some balloons on it!
Hope you liked this post and I will post pictures from the balloon columns after my daughter’s party!
Like and share this post.