The moment in the year when everybody is preparing their piece of land to plant has come. I have been into holistic remedies ultimately, mostly essential oils; but I also took a course of Natural Holistic Remedies that talks mostly about the different herbs and their uses in health and beauty.
So, this year I decided I wanted to start my own herb garden. I knew I wanted it portable, something that I can carry inside if the weather is bad or just want it handy in the kitchen. But, also wanted to use things that I already had handy and not having to spend money on stuff.
I went and bought some plant pots, seeds, soil, labels and gloves to start. But, when I got home I was out of ideas about as the pot holder; until I entered in the laundry room and saw the safety gate I used to maintain my daughter out of the kitchen when she started to walk. It was the perfect fit, so I started it. Let see how….
- Evenflo Classic Gate
- Plant pots
- Seeds (I started with basil, cilantro, dill and pepper)
- Zip ties
- Labels (optional)
Step by step:
- First thing I did was put some screws in the gate sides to lock it in place and it doesn’t close.
- Plant your seeds as said in the instructions and label them. The labels I used are plastic and where bought at the dollar store. I put the name of the herb in front of the label and the days that was supposed to take to germinate, just to remember.
- Stand your gate against the wall and start organizing your pots. Take one and put a zip tie around it and around the plastic part of the gate to hold it in place.
- Repeat until you have all the pots in place. Remember to leave room for the herbs to grow.
I you liked this post, remember to share it with your friends. Also share your pictures if you tried it or have more ideas.