On December 2016, my family and I celebrated my sister’s Quinceañera with a Masquerade Party. I made everything, from the invitations, centerpieces, party favors, big Mask, etc. It was really fun and easy to do.
Most of the materials like the dolls, the archs, styrofoam circles and flowers, I found on a website called http://www.lacrafts.com. The masks, pipe cleaner, kebab sticks, where at the dollar store. The paint andrhinestone ribbon were in Walmart.
The colors for the quinceañera were fuchsia and black.
Let’s start with the project!
- 8″ Styrofoam circle
- Quinceañera poly resin dolls in fuchsia
- Heart base plastic Archway
- Fuchsia acrylic paint
- Rhinestones ribbon in black
- Black ribbon
- Black mini ribbon flowers
- Fuchsia mini ribbon flowers
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Dollar store Cherry candles
- Mardigrass necklaces in gold and silver.
- Paint the styrofoam disk with the fuchsia paint and a sponge brush. It doesn’t have to cover it completely, just a little paint to give it color. Wait until it dries completely.
- Glue the rhinestone ribbon to the border with a little hot glue.
- Practice putting everything in the place you want before gluing it. I separated the base from the archway and use it as a candle holder.
- For the mask, I gluedone kebab stick in each side and cover them with pipe cleaner. I also glued a feather in each side amd cover it with another plastic less elaborated mask found in the Dollar Store in the other side to make it 3d because the tables used were round.
- Glue everything on place.
- Decorate the candle with some ribbon and a flower. Glue it to the base and put a necklace covering around it.
- I also decorated the archways with flowers.
- Stick the mask pushing it against the foam until in place.
- Add desire embelishments. I used some Sweet 15 embelishments that I found on my local Farmers Market, but L.A. Crafts also have them.
Change the colors for the ones of your party!
You can also make this for a wedding taking out the mask and changing the Quinceañera doll for a bride and groom figurine.
Hope you liked it and don’t forget to share!