When I was in my teen years, I suffered from Acne almost all the time. I read that Aloe is a good antibacterial and antiseptic, and that is good to treat skin problems like Acne. My mom had the most biggest and beautiful Aloe plant. So, I decided to buy some soap base and make my own soaps to treat my acne.
Recently, I have started making them again as a petition from my husband to prevent the itchy and dry skin caused by the winter. Here is how I make it.
- Clear soap base (glycerin or Olive oil) Found at Michael’s
- Whole Aloe Leaf (found at the grocery store)
- Essential Oils (optional and in accordance with your preference) I used tea tree because is good in the skin too.
- Wood pick or spoon
- Soap mold
- Peel the Aloe leaf and take out the pulp (gel) with a knife. Put in a bowl and blend it with a hand blender or any blender until the gel forms without any solid pieces.
- Melt the soap base in a double boiler. When it is melted, add the aloe gel and the essential oil and stir it with a wood pick or spoon. Put on mold and let solidify. Now you have your own aloe soap.
**Remember to use essential oil and not fragance oil**